Our comprehensive range of lizard fencing is the most reliable permanent and temporary fencing available for every situation.
Animex optimizes snakes natural behaviors to encourage safe and fast movement away from unwanted areas and inhibits climbing or entanglement unlike mesh or silt fencing.
Installation Guides & Specifications
Download Animex product information & installation guides.
In compliance with environmental guidance and legislation from across the world including: Special-Status Species (SSS), Species At Risk (SAR) guidelines & more...
They also provide equipment lists and step-by-step installation guides showing how to install them as free-standing fences or how to attach to existing fence types.
If you believe your target species needs something different then please let us know.
Cost & Material Comparison
Detailed comparison for commonly used temporary fencing materials.
Help us reduce plastic waste and pollution in sensitive environmental areas by choosing Animex.
Animal safe (no mesh)
Made from 100% recycled plastic
Extremely durable (weather & vegetation cutting)
Ngahere Gecko Reintroduction
- Location: New Zealand
- Species: Ngahere Gecko (Mokopirirakau sp.)
- Fence: AMX 40 Temporary (Free-standing)
The project was for a reintroduction of Ngahere Geckos (Mokopirirakau sp.), a protected gecko species, to a small island in New Zealand. In conjunction with EcoGecko Consultants and Winstone Aggregates we designed and supplied an optimal fencing system to contain the newly translocated geckos as they became acclimated to their new habitat. The soft release enclosures were in place during the early part of the monitoring schedule and later removed for reuse on another project. The fences were intact after a year of being in place on the windy island site and have since been used on many other similar projects.
Top Lizard Species List
Special-Status Species (SSS)
- Blunt-nosed leopard lizard Gambelia silus
- Coachella Valley fringe-toed lizard Uma inornata
- Bluetail mole skink Eumeces egregius lividus
- Sand skink Neoseps reynoldsi / Plestiodon reynoldsi
- Reticulate collared lizard Crotaphytus reticulatus
- Texas horned lizard Phrynosoma cornutum
- Dunes sagebrush lizard Sceloporus arenicolus
UK & Europe
European Protected Species (EPS)
- Sand lizard Lacerta agilis
- Viviparous lizard Lacerta vivipara
- Slow worm Anguis fragilis
- Green lizard Lacerta viridis
- European glass lizard Ophisaurus apodus
- Common wall lizard Podarcis muralis
- European copper skink Ablepharus kitaibelli
Species at Risk (SAR)
- Greater short-horned lizard Phrynosoma hernandesi
- Five-lined skink Plestiodon fasciatus
- Prairie skink Plestiodon septentrionalis
- Western skink Plestiodon skiltonianus
- Alligator lizard Elgaria caerulea
Rest of world
Key Target Species
- Grassland earless dragon Tympanocryptis pinguicolla (AUS)
- Striped legless lizard Delma impar (AUS)
- Southern water skink Eulamprus tympanum (AUS)
- Pygmy bluetongue skink Tiliqua adelaidensis (AUS)
- Nangur skink Nangura spinosa (AUS)
- Skull tree iguana Liolaemus occipitalis (BRA)
- Otago skink Oligosoma otagense (NZL)
- Takitimu gecko Mokopirirakau cryptozoicus (NZL)
- Burgan skink Oligosoma burganae (NZL)