Desert Tortoise Fencing
Our comprehensive range of desert tortoise fencing will ensure you can control the movement of desert tortoise and prevent them from entering any unwanted areas.
We supply both traditional mesh and solid Animex Desert Tortoise fencing.
- Fence types: Permanent & Temporary
- Product height: 36in - 40in pre-installation
- Standard installed height: 22in - 30in
- Roll length: 35-75ft (depending on fence type)
- Roll weight: ~50lbs
Installation Guides & Specifications
Download product information & installation guides.
In compliance with United States Fish & Wildlife Service (USFWS) guidelines.
They also provide equipment lists and step-by-step installation guides showing how to install them as free-standing fences or how to attach to existing fence types.
If you believe your target species needs something different then please let us know.
Cost & Material Comparison
Detailed comparison for commonly used temporary fencing materials.
Help us reduce plastic waste and pollution in sensitive environmental areas by choosing Animex.
Animal safe (no mesh)
Made from 100% recycled plastic
Extremely durable (weather & vegetation cutting)
Desert tortoise translocation
- Location: Las Vegas, NV
- Species: Desert Tortoise (Gopherus agassizii)
- Fence: AMX 40 Temporary (Free-standing / Above Ground)
We supplied and supervised the installation of 3000' of low impact temporary Desert Tortoise fencing for First Solar in partnership with Ironwood Biological Consulting. The fencing was installed to assist with the capture and translocation of this federally-listed species to clear the site for the construction of a new solar energy plant. Discussions with many contractors and biologists on site revealed that previously specified mesh Desert Tortoise fencing installation methods often damaged large areas of surrounding habitat and had also been found to corrode within a few years of installation.
Top Tortoise Species List
Special-Status Species (SSS)
- Desert tortoise Gopherus agassizii
- Gopher tortoise Gopherus polyphemus
- Texas tortoise Gopherus berlandieri
UK & Europe
European Protected Species (EPS)
- Hermann’s tortoise Testudo hermanni
- Marginated tortoise Testudo marginata
Rest of world
Key Target Species
- Bolson tortoise Gopherus flavomarginatus (MEX)
- Leopard tortoise Stigmochelys pardalis (ZAF, KEN, TZA +)
- Yellow-footed tortoise Chelonoidis denticulatus (BRA, BOL, COL +)
- Red-footed tortoise Chelonoidis carbonarius (BRA, BOL, COL +)
- Angulate tortoise Chersina angulata (ZAF, NAM)
- Galápagos tortoise complex Chelonoidis nigra (ECU)
- Greek tortoise Testudo graeca (ESP, TUR, GRC +)
- Russian tortoiseAgrionemys horsfieldii (RUS, CHN, AFG +)
- Sulcata tortoise Centrochelys sulcata (ETH, NGA, SEN +)