Desert Tortoise Fencing
Our comprehensive range of desert tortoise fencing will ensure you can control the movement of desert tortoise and prevent them from entering any unwanted areas.
Animex optimizes tortoises natural behaviors to encourage safe and fast movement away from unwanted areas while preventing tortoises overheating which occurs with mesh fencing.
- Fence types: Permanent & Temporary
- Product height: 40" pre-installation
- Standard installed height: 30" (with top lid folded)
- Roll length: 35-75ft (depending on fence type)
- Roll weight: ~50lbs
Tortoise Fencing Specifications & Installation Guides
In compliance with Special-Status Species (SSS) & Species At Risk (SAR) guidelines
Data sheets & Tender documentation
We have prepared a detailed description of Animex® products to include in any project or tender documents.
Click the links to download below and then combine them with the appropriate installation guide(s) from the lists above...
Extremely durable materials
Animal safe solutions
Expert customer support
Desert tortoise translocation
- Location: Las Vegas, NV
- Species: Desert Tortoise (Gopherus agassizii)
- Fence: AMX 40 Temporary (Free-standing / Above Ground)
We supplied and supervised the installation of 3000' of low impact temporary Desert Tortoise fencing for First Solar in partnership with Ironwood Biological Consulting. The fencing was installed to assist with the capture and translocation of this federally-listed species to clear the site for the construction of a new solar energy plant. Discussions with many contractors and biologists on site revealed that previously specified mesh Desert Tortoise fencing installation methods often damaged large areas of surrounding habitat and had also been found to corrode within a few years of installation.
Top Tortoise Species List
Special-Status Species (SSS)
- Desert tortoise Gopherus agassizii
- Gopher tortoise Gopherus polyphemus
- Texas tortoise Gopherus berlandieri
UK & Europe
European Protected Species (EPS)
- Hermann’s tortoise Testudo hermanni
- Marginated tortoise Testudo marginata
Rest of world
Key Target Species
- Bolson tortoise Gopherus flavomarginatus (MEX)
- Leopard tortoise Stigmochelys pardalis (ZAF, KEN, TZA +)
- Yellow-footed tortoise Chelonoidis denticulatus (BRA, BOL, COL +)
- Red-footed tortoise Chelonoidis carbonarius (BRA, BOL, COL +)
- Angulate tortoise Chersina angulata (ZAF, NAM)
- Galápagos tortoise complex Chelonoidis nigra (ECU)
- Greek tortoise Testudo graeca (ESP, TUR, GRC +)
- Russian tortoiseAgrionemys horsfieldii (RUS, CHN, AFG +)
- Sulcata tortoise Centrochelys sulcata (ETH, NGA, SEN +)